The reason for establishing a junction at Durston on the Bristol to Exeter line was to connect to Yeovil.
The Durston Yeovil loop was opened in 1853 this loop passed through Langport West station.
Durston Station opened for passengers on the 1st October 1853 and for goods on 26th October 1853.
The Stationed closed for goods on 6th July 1964 and for passengers on the 5th October 1964.
The above picture is the platforms to the right of the Exeter/Bristol line looking up country.