Westonzoyland Pumping Station
In 1830 landowners on the weston level obtained an Act of parliament for improving drainage of certain lowlands. A steam driven beam engine and scoop was authorised on the Parret near Lake Wall.
In 1862 the original steam engine and scoop was replaced with a steam driven vertical spindle centrifugal pump.
In 1947 this pump was replaced by a diesel driven pump.
The 1862 steam engine is now owned by the Westozoyland Engine Trust and is regulary steamed.
Click for link to > Westonzoyland Pumping Station Museum Website